When it comes to email marketing, there is always room for improvement, even when you’ve nailed all the right tactics and are getting great results. You can always work on your content and find new ways to entice your subscribers through your copy. Or, search for a new template that complements your brand. But none of that matters if you use an outdated email list. That’s why so many marketers have made email hygiene a priority last year and make sure they’re using an email validation system regularly.
If you’re up to date with the most current email marketing stats, you probably know that 30% of your email list deteriorates within a year. There are several reasons for that:
- people change jobs and thus their old email address becomes inactive
- they’re not happy with their email service and switch to a different one
- your email list gets contaminated by bots
- new subscribers make typos when they sign up for your emails, so you end up with a misspelled, thus useless address
- some people use temporary email addresses just to get that freebie you’re offering
What happens when 30% of your email list consists of bad contacts? Not only do you waste money sending campaigns to dead leads, but the poor quality of your data hurts your overall performance. Here is how:
- your high bounce rate immediately raises a flag with Internet Service Providers (ISPs).
- that will cause you to get a low sending score, which will impact your email deliverability.
- your perfectly legitimate emails will fail to reach even your genuine subscribers, as ISPs will think of you as a dubious sender.
Fortunately, there’s a way to prevent this, and it’s called email validation.
What does an email validation service do
Email validation services scan your email list and remove unwanted
email addresses, such as inactive, misspelled, catch-all, abuse or temporary
Also known as email verification tools, they make sure your database only consists of safe, genuine contacts. The better your email data quality, the better your email marketing results.
Let’s see how email validation improves your performance:
- once you get rid of risky email addresses, your bounce rate is going to decrease.
- your sender reputation will improve, and you’ll get support from ISPs
- that means your emails will get delivered, and not in the Spam or Promotions folder, but in your subscribers’ inboxes
- your open and click-through rates will see a boost right away
- which means your get more chances to convert
- bonus: you save money on your email service provider, and your reports will be a lot more accurate.
With email being such a crucial part of digital marketing, make sure you’re using an accurate email list. If you notice that your bounce rate is higher than 3%, hire a specialized company to validate bulk emails and help you get back on track. Your campaigns deserve to be seen and accomplish their mission.