As you all know, Terraria 1.4 has recently been released on all the mobile devices due to which all the mobile gamers got the chance to play the latest and newest update of the game.
But you must know that along with the huge update comes some bugs and errors that need to be fixed properly. There is a wide variety of problems that will surely vary as per the mobile devices.
That is why it will be essential for you to know the way to deal with bugs, errors, and some other problems.
While most of the gamers and players are playing the game, the last thing that they will want is for the bugs and errors to make an interruption. Sometimes it will be possible that your game will be stuck at some point and you can not move ahead of that point.
Also, you may have to experience some graphics problems while you are roaming around a specific area in the game. So whichever type of bugs or problems that you are facing while you are playing the Terraria 1.4 game, it is more likely to happen that you will leave the game frustrated.
That is definitely what you will not want while you are enjoying playing the game. So it will be of the utmost importance for you to know how you can be able to fix them.
Well, if you do not have any kind of clue about how you are going to fix the common bugs and errors that pops up while you are playing the Terraria 1.4 game then you are definitely in the right place searching for it.
Here we did mention a list of the most common issues that you may find in the Terraria 1.4 game along with how you can fix them all in order to experience smooth gameplay. Let us begin it.
Terraria 1.4 Common Issues
Before we are going to start mentioning the most common issues and how you are going to deal with them, all the Terraria 1.4 players must know that the new update is indeed amazing and you need to install it for sure.
Now, we are going to go through the most common issues that any player will find when playing the Terraria 1.4 game.
One by one, it will be possible for you to not only know about the issue or bug but also you are going to know about how you can fix them. The list of the most common issues and problems in Terraria 1.4 are as follows:
1. Black Screen
It is sure that there are so many players who did have to face the black screen issue and it is one of the most common issues that you will find in the Terraria 1.4 game. As soon as you will open the game, the only thing that you can see on the screen is a black screen.
Also, it will be possible that when you are playing the Terraria 1.4 game, you will find that the sound is playing properly but you are not able to tap on the buttons.
- First of all, the only thing that you need to make sure of is whether you have installed the Terraria 1.4 game from the official play stores or you have installed it from some third-party website. If you have not installed it from the official play store then you have to do it in order to fix such issues.
- If you find that the issue is not fixed and still persist while you are playing the Terraria 1.4 game then it may be possible that your mobile device does not support the specific Terraria update. So any and every player who facing such issues when playing the game should consider downgrading the game to a lower version using the official online stores.
- Also, another option is that the player should clear the game date or delete it and try to reinstall the Terraria 1.4 game again with the latest update. It is because the issues that you are facing in the game may be the result of an installation bug.
2. Corrupt Background
Another addition to the list of the most common issues that you are facing in the Terraria 1.4 game is the corrupt background. Yes, there are hundreds of players who have reported that the background of the game seems to be corrupt.
The corrupt background means that the players will be able to notice the linings that are appearing on a certain part of the screen that is capable enough to intervene with the animation of the game.
It is essential for you to know how you can be able to fix the corrupt background issues as you may have to deal with it so many times while you are playing the Terraria 1.4 game.
- The corrupt background may happen due to the device not capable enough to handle the high graphics quality of the game. That is why it will be beneficial for the players who are facing such issues to lower down the graphics quality.
- Each and every player must have to ensure that the graphic quality of the Terraria 1.4 game is set to low. If you do not know how you can be able to set the graphic quality at low then you just have to go to the Settings menu and then open Graphics. You will find the option of Background Quality in the Graphics tab where you need to set it at Low.
- So changing the graphic quality to low will most probably fix the issue or error of corrupt background in the Terraria 1.4 game. It will be possible for you to play the game smoothly and enjoyably without any kind of interruptions.
3. Phone Heats Up Abruptly
You must know that the game developers did manage to share that the Terraria 1.4 game is optimized to its finest. However, there are some mobile devices like iPhones and some Android devices that are facing common heat issues.
It will be like when you are playing the game your phone will heat up abruptly making it difficult for you to play the game as joyously as before. That is why it is essential for you to know how you can fix the common heating issue of the game.
- It will be essential for the player facing such kind of issue to close all the apps that are running in the background if any. You can be able to restrict the background process limit from the developer settings.
- The only thing that you will have to do is go to the Settings and find About Phone to click on it. Search for the Build Number and tap on it until the “You are now a Developer” notification will appear on the screen.
- Then you need to Exit it and go to the Developer Options available in the Settings menu. Go to the Restrict Background Process Limit and then you will have to change it to “No Background Processes”.
- That’s all, you will be able to restrict the background process and so the Terraria 1.4 game will run smoother than ever before. Also, it will make sure to fix the phone heat up issues.
- If you are playing the Terraria 1.4 game in an offline mode, it will be possible for you to run the game more smoothly by disabling the Wifi and/or Bluetooth or by turning on the Airplane mode.
- You can also be able to lessen up the phone heat up by turning down the volume to silent as some players believe that it will work in some cases.
4. App Crashes/Game Freezes
It will be possible that some of the players may have noticed that the Terraria 1.4 game is most likely to crash at certain times. There are many mobile gamers who did notice that when they are playing the Terraria game it will either freeze or crash.
Sometimes it will be more frustrating than it may seem. But you must know that there are plenty of reasons for the app crashes while playing the Terraria 1.4 game.
It can be insufficient ram, the mobile device in which you are playing may not support the game update properly, or your device has insufficient storage space. In order to fix the app crash issue, you will only have to go through the solution that we did mention here.
- If the app crash is happening due to insufficient storage space or insufficient RAM then you can try to clean up the storage memory of your mobile device. Yes, you can be able to clean up the device memory by deleting some of the unwanted files.
- You can also close all the apps that are running in the background as they are also using a part of the device RAM.
- For the issue of your mobile device not supporting the Terraria 1.4 game update, you can consider the option of purchasing a new phone with the latest features. Also, you can try and install the modified version of the game application along with ensuring that it is supporting the mobile device you have.
- It is sure that fixing the app crashes issue will lead the players to enjoy the Terraria 1.4 game more. There will be more fun and more excitement that you will experience while playing the game like never before.
5. Lag Spikes
Whether you are a new player who did play the Terraria game only a few times or if you are an experienced gamer who did play the game for quite some time now, it is sure that all the players may have faced the lag spikes.
Yes, lagging is one of the most common issues that players seem to find when playing the game on any mobile device. You must definitely know that Terraria 1.4 is a very RAM-intensive game that needs a certain amount of RAM for smooth gameplay.
It is possible that the lag may occur even during the game as well as after you close the game. You need to make sure to fix such issues as it can cause a lot of lagging problem in the mobile device you are using.
- It is possible that you can be able to solve this issue by closing or restricting background processes.
- You only need to go to the phone Settings and find the Developer Options to restrict the background processes completely.
- The Terraria game needs sufficient RAM which is why you need to clear the apps that are running in the background. Fixing the issue will let you play the game smoothly and efficiently.
6. Weird Control Scheme/Game Functionality
Some players who are taking a big jump from Terraria 1.3 to 1.4 may think that the game has a weird control scheme.
It is sure that the players will be able to take a big step into the all-new and latest UI which is added to the game update since 1.3 and it will be even more refined in Terraria 1.4.
It will be possible that the players may find it strange when they will have a look at the jump and aim buttons due to the new layout and game settings.
- All you need to do is go to the game settings and make sure that you are setting them up as we are mentioning it below.
- Set Stick Jump: Swipe Up
- Ensure Auto Swing is On
- Make the Autopause: On
Recommended Settings For Terraria 1.4
In order to run the Terraria 1.4 game more efficiently, it will be beneficial for you to consider choosing the recommended settings.
Here, we did mention some of the recommended settings that you need to set to enjoy the game to the fullest. Let us have a look at them.
When you are setting up General Settings for the Terraria 1.4 game then it will be recommended for you to do as follows:
- Autopause: On
- Tutorials: Off
As you are choosing different variety of settings for the Interface, you will enjoy the game with the recommended settings as follows:
- Event Progress Bar: Off
- Pinch Zoom Map: Off
- Pinch Zoom World: Off
- Map: Off
- Magnifier: Off
- Health and Mana Style: Classic
- Passwords: Visible
- Hotbae Orientation: Vertical
It will be an amazing gameplay that players can witness with choosing the Video settings that are recommended as below.
- Frame Rate Display: Off
- Frame Skip: On
- Vfx Quality: Low
- Frame Rate Cap: 60
- Backgrounds: Off
- Blood and Gore: Off
- Screen Effects: Off
It will be possible for each and every player to choose the Graphics settings as per their wish. But we recommend you to choose the Graphics settings as below for an enhanced and amazing gaming experience.
- UI Quality: Low
- Characters Quality: Low
- Projectiles Quality: Low
- Backgrounds Quality: Low
- Gore Quality: Low
- Glows Quality: Low
- Environment Quality: Low
We hope that all the most common issues that we did mention in this article were helpful to you. It issuer that if you are going to follow the fixes that we did provide you then you will be able to fix any kind of issue that you are facing in the latest update of the Terraria 1.4 game.
If there is any new issue that you are dealing with currently while playing the game then you can feel free to comment on it and we will try to come up with a fix.