Do you want to know about Minecraft’s crossplay? Do you know how to play Minecraft on PC and Xbox together? Cross-play is not a new word now and Microsoft’s aforementioned idea is really appreciable? Minecraft is available for several platforms in the past and in 2017 cross-play for Minecraft has introduced. Microsoft thought of bringing all those platforms together and named “Better Together” Update.
The users can now play with their friends irrespective of the devices they are having. The Better Together update brings the separate versions of Minecraft that have been available for different devices, PC, Xbox, iOS, and Android, and combines them into one centralized master version, with identical features, functionality, and content no matter where you play.
Minecraft’s Crossplay is definitely not a strange term for all of you as Minecraft is one of the most popular games that most people love to play. As you all know, Minecraft is available for several platforms and you must definitely know that Crossplay has been introduced to the game in 2017.
It is sure that Microsoft did decide to bring all the platforms together and name the update “Better Together”. It will be possible for the players to play with their friends and loved ones irrespective of the numerous devices and consoles they are using to play.
The only thing that you need to know is that the Better Together Update will be bringing the separate versions of the Minecraft game that are available for different platforms. Minecraft’s new update is now available on PC, Xbox, iOS, and Android platforms. It will indeed be an amazing and exciting game.
If you have noticed one thing here is that Playstation is not on the list of together playing. Sony does not support playing together a version of games and has given several reasons for this including the protection of children. Additionally, Mac and Linux versions of Minecraft are missing too!
To start with…
Minecraft is available in different versions like Bedrock edition, Java edition, PE, and console Edition. So, below is the list referring to which version is available on respective devices.
- PC – Windows 10: Bedrock/Win10 Edition and Java.
- XboxOne: Console Edition and Bedrock Edition.
- Nintendo: Console edition, and Bedrock Editon.
Minecraft Cross play Guide
In this section, I am going to give you a complete idea about setting up the game on different consoles and create cross-play games. Minecraft released back in 2009 is growing up every day to date. The introduction of cross-play and then hardware ray tracing and VR is bringing excitement to the players.
SetUp on Xbox One
Setting up cross-play on Xbox one is very straightforward but setting up it on other devices is quite difficult. We will discuss both.
- Start your Xbox One console and open Microsoft from there.
- Go to the Search bar and type Minecraft.
- Select Minecraft and click Download Minecraft for Xbox One.
- Now pay the price and finally get the game.
- Open Minecraft.
SetUp on Nintendo
This is a bit tricky and is not as simple as you have done with Xbox. However, it’s not difficult as rocket science. Follow the steps below and find out how to set up Minecraft cross play on Nintendo Switch.
- Start your console Nintendo Switch.
- Head to Nintendo eShop and go to the Search bar.
- Search for Minecraft and Download Minecraft for Nintendo Switch.
- Pay the price and get the game.
- Open Minecraft.
- Then choose the option “sign in for free”
- Enter the unique code displayed on-screen.
- Then Sign in to your Microsoft account.
- Tap Let’s Play to complete the process.
How to Create Minecraft Cross-play games?
It’s very easy to create Minecraft cross-play games. Go through the below steps.
- Select Play from the main menu.
- Tap on “Create New” under the Worlds tab.
- Select Create a New World to start a fresh game.
- Head to the Multiplayer subsection and Check if multiplayer is enabled.
- Select Create once you’re ready to play.
How to Sync the world to other devices?
Suppose you have played Minecraft on Xbox before and now you want to play it on PC but you want to start from where you have stopped before.
- The very first step is to Sign in to your device with the same account as you logged in with the Xbox One Edition world.
- Then open Minecraft.
- Continue to the main menu and Touch on the play button.
- Now navigate to the world’s tab and Choose “Sync Old Worlds”.
- Select the world that you want to go and wait for the process to complete.
- Your world will now sync to the new Minecraft when you sign in.
- Finally, you can easily play on a different device.
Is Minecraft Better Together update free to play? YES!
Can you play the Minecraft cross-platform? Yes! but only some versions.
Before You Go…
Well, folks, this is all about Minecraft Cross-play and Better-Together version. Minecraft is really a great game and its various mode keeps users excited about the play. Starting from Creative to Survival and adventure mode, Minecraft is just awesome. Without worrying about the console, play Minecraft with your friends.
I hope you would like the article. Share your feedback. Thank you!