Are you looking for a reliable roofing contractor in your locality? Do you find it hard to get referrals from your friends? Or, you just don’t trust their referrals because you personally witnessed bad results from the roofers that they hired?
If you want to find the best roofing contractor in your community, you may need the help of Google Search useful. Yes. Google Search. These days, you can find anything in Google, and mind you, most people are now using search engines to research about the products or services before they’ll purchase or subscribe to them.
Here are the steps you need to do to find an honest and reliable roofer using Google Search.
- Go to Google.com.
- Type in the keywords you will use to find a roofer. For example, if you are living in Dallas, Texas, you can type in “Roofing Contractor Dallas”. After you hit enter, see Google map results with reviews.
This is a list of roofers near you along with their contact number, rating, opening and closing hours, website, and even a direction for their location.
- You can start checking the one with the highest rating and find out what other customers are talking about them. Once you click its name, you will be redirected to their Google map page, scroll down at the middle part and check their “Review Summary”.
Below the Review Summary, you can read the actual reviews from their past customers. Find out what is their feedback and compare these ones from the other roofers you see in the first list.
- Check if the roofer is BBB accredited. This means they are vouched by the Better Business Bureau and that they are legit. Scroll down at the bottom and you will see if they are listed in BBB.
- Do this to other roofers in the list and compare which one you feel is reliable.
- On the other hand, if you only heard of a certain roofer and wanted to check if they are legit, find out first if they are listed in Google My Business. You can do this by inputting “Roofer Name” + “Location”. For this example, let’s input “R2 Roof Guys Garland TX”, you’ll get the result below.
That company snippet on the right side means the roofer is listed in Google My Business and their location is verified. You can then do step 3 to 5.
- You can also, do another Google search and look for blogger reviews. You can just input (“Name of the Roofer” + “Your Location” + Blog Review). Bloggers often review services meticulously, thus you can gain a better insight into the roofing contractor’s reputation and customer service.
Once you’re done with your little researching and done making your list of potential roofing contractors, you may want to call them one by one and ask them about the things that you cannot find on their website or in their Google Map listing.
From those calls, you can surely pick the one that tops your list. From there, you can arrange a meeting with that roofer and find out more about their work process.