This week is the Lunar New Year (also called Chinese New Year). On this occasion, a lot of things are happening on Pokémon GO. Here is our complete guide to the event!
The Pokémon GO Tour’s continuation will soon end with a huge event dedicated to the Kanto region. In the meantime, there are loads of things to do in Pokémon GO. Just after the Team Rocket event and a big Community Day, here comes the raids of Latias and Latios, those of Mega-Levitator, and a new pretty big event.
You have until Sunday, February 14, at 10 a.m., to enjoy a spawn boost for a bunch of Pokémon, Mega Levitator, new field studies, and many other bonuses. Not a minute to lose, here is our guide and all our tips!
EVERYTHING HAPPENING DURING THE LUNAR NEW YEAR EVENT ON POKÉMON GO
- The exclusive field studies linked to the event will make you meet a lot of more or less interesting Pokémon like … the 3 versions of Meowth …
- In addition to the field study, there is always the Spot Study, of course. For the Year of the Buffalo, Tauros can be captured this way! Please take advantage of it since it is usually an exclusively American Pokémon.
- The gifts contain more PokéBalls. Well.
- The odds of obtaining Lucky Friend status increase! If you don’t redeem gifts for PokéBalls, do so for this reason, it’s worth it!
- Trading Pokémon with Lucky Friends has a higher probability of yielding Lucky Pokémon.
- The exchange distance is increased to 40 km until Monday, February 15.
- Many red-colored Pokémon see their spawn rate drastically increase in the wild, this article is mainly dedicated to them.
- Event-related Pokémon also invade 5km Eggs and Raids.
WHAT ARE THE BEST POKÉMON FEATURED DURING THE LUNAR NEW YEAR ON POKÉMON GO?
You know the routine, there are often very many species highlighting at each event, and it is not easy to sort out all these beautiful people. Please don’t panic, and we’re here to help.
- Magikarp: Mega Levitator is available, it’s a rare and powerful Pokémon, so every candy is good to take.
- Darumarond: His evolution, Darumacho is one of the best Fire attackers in the raiding game. Besides, it is a fairly rare Pokémon overall, so go for it!
- Meditikka ‘: PVP players must imperatively target this Pokémon. In the Super League, Charming XL (the latest evolution of the Pokémon) is quite simply the best Pokémon in the game. Even without its “XL” form, it is still an excellent fighter.
And … that’s it already. So yes, there are quite a few potentially Shiny Pokémon (like Krab, Ecrémeuh, or Poissirene ) and 3 relatively rare Fire-type starters (Gruiki, Fennec, and Ouisticram ), but hey, nothing overwhelming either.
ARE LUNAR NEW YEAR 5 KM EGGS WORTH IT?
There are many very nice Pokémon to go looking for in the 5 km Eggs. We can cite Darby, Poussifeu, or Malosse, for example. We can also talk about Laporeille, not to be overlooked since Mega-Lockpin will end up arriving at one point or another.
There are far too many possible outbreaks, which ultimately makes for pretty low odds of getting something cool. That being said, if you have some 5 km left, try to hatch a few! All this can go very quickly by following our advice to cover a maximum of kilometers in a minimum of time.
START PREPARING FOR THE KANTO EVENT!
There is a lot to say about this huge event and count on us to write a comprehensive guide to it as soon as possible. If you are going to participate, start now to set aside as many resources as possible.
Expand your bag and collect hundreds of Hyper Balls and Nanana Berries. Keep all of your premium items for this time. In other words: Don’t use any Lunar New Year treasures if you want to participate in the Kanto event.
ALL OUR TIPS IN SHAMBLES ON THE LUNAR EVENT OF POKÉMON GO
- Remember that Pokémon that are already evolved like Poissoroy or Levitator give more Capture Dust.
- There are some interesting species regarding raids, but we do not recommend that you waste your precious passes on them. You must already take care of two Legendaries and 3 Megas!
- Obviously, remember to do your occasional studies to recover the Tauros and follow the Field Studies, which do not eat bread and fill up a little independently.
- It’s pretty obvious, and you need to take full advantage of all the Lucky Friends bonuses. Fill in your friend’s list, bombard gifts, raid, trade, and fight. When Legendaries or Overpowered Megas are in the charges, you’ll be delighted to have Lucky Friends, trust us.