Deleting or deactivating your Twitter account is easy, a few small steps are enough in most cases. We will detail here everything you need to know about it, as well as the procedure to follow to delete the account.
Iit is possible to deactivate his account his account Twitter. Remove the account is just as simple. In fact, you don’t have to do anything else after deactivation except wait a month. Your account will then be permanently deleted. But to take off any trace of its passage on a social network can be difficult. So, as for Facebook and Instagram, we will detail the procedure to follow.
Permanently delete your Twitter account
You must first simply deactivate the Twitter account. The deletion is done automatically after this step if you do not reconnect within 30 days. You just need to follow these 5 small steps:
- First, log into your account
- In the left menu, click on the icon Plus, then on Settings and privacy
- On smartphone (mobile application), press the menu Settings represented by the three horizontal lines at the top right. Select option Privacy settings.
- Then go to the menu Your account then click on Disable Account. The process is the same in the mobile app.
Read the conditions carefully, they indicate in particular that you will have 30 days to reverse your decision. Also, some of your content will still be searchable after deletion, and Twitter can’t do anything about Google search results, which can still index your tweets.
- Click on the button Deactivate at the bottom of the page to confirm.
- You now have to enter your password, to prove that you are the owner of the account.
Your account is now deactivated, but beware: it will be reactivated automatically if you try to reconnect within 30 days.