The next major update for Battlefield 2042 is scheduled for November 25. Indeed, Electronic Arts seeks to correct the bloom of the weapons, to nerve the hovercraft and to improve the general performances.
After a brief period of Early Access, the full launch of Battlefield 2042 is now behind us. Just days after launch, the second patch is already scheduled for November 25.
While the first update targeted network issues and general performance. The second looks at the main gameplay issues.
From weapon balancing to vehicle changes and more, here’s a look at Battlefield 2042’s November 25 update.
Battlefield 2042’s new update tackles hovercraft.
It’s no secret that hovercraft have been the most powerful vehicles in Battlefield 2042 since the launch of Early Access. Just hours after the start of the experiment, big names like Shroud were already pointing out how “broken” they were.
After announcing changes, we now know exactly how the hovercraft is going to be changed. Not only is the vehicle’s health nerf, but so is its weaponry, EA confirmed.
While no specific value was given, we also know that similar nerves are planned for the MD540 Nightbird.
Bloom reduced in Battlefield 2042
Indeed, another key issue with Battlefield 2042 is weapon bloom. Many players have already been frustrated with Random Precision mechanics. Indeed, she can “Reward bad players”.
“We have observed that on many weapons, mainly assault rifles, this dispersion tends to be too high”, explained EA. “Guns are missing more often than they really should, which makes the experience unsatisfying and may seem unfair.”
As a result, the developers carried out a “Series of adjustments to significantly reduce the impact of the gap.“Going forward, hitting a perfect shot should be more rewarding.
Full Patch Note for Update # 2
- We find that on rare occasions you may not appear on the server with the intended equipment. We believe we have discovered the issue and it will be fixed in our update # 2 on November 25.
- As a precaution, we have added a new safety feature in our next update which ensures that you will always respawn directly after 30 seconds.
- Reduced overall distribution when zooming and dragging
- Improved stationary zoom accuracy for many weapons
- Spread now decreases faster and sooner when boosting hits. This means more success with a single shot or short bursts.
- Increased the vertical recoil of the PP-29 to ensure the weapon does not overperform when engaging outside its intended combat range
- Vehicle Balancing for LCAA Hovercraft and MD540 Nightbird
- Improved the revival of a soldier, in “the inability to revive when a soldier dies near an object or a wall”.
- A respawn protection system that will help avoid any external issues that can leave a player in an immobilized state for too long and will force a manual respawn if necessary.
- Reactivating our UAV-1 interaction in Battlefield Portal, available on our Battlefield Bad Company 2 maps. It was overkill and we made some adjustments to take this into account