Just before the official release of Battlefield 2042, Electronic Arts has detailed the content of the game’s first patch note with network bug fixes and performance improvements.
EA just announced the first Battlefield 2042 patch note in place ahead of the full version release on November 19. The first players were able to test the game in early access a week before the official release thanks to the pre-order of the Gold or Ultimate editions.
If the start of Battlefield 2042 was rather well received especially by the streamers, part of the community pointed to a few graphics, network and gameplay issues.
This first patch note should resolve several things. Here’s a full rundown of all of Battlefield 2042’s biggest changes in the November 18 update.
For this first Battlefield 2042 patch note, we find“Server side updates” to mitigate latency issues. Network bugs have been fairly prevalent in All-Out Warfare in particular, but these improvements should “reduce” how often you notice them. Performance tweaks as well as improvements to the user interface have been added.
Full Battlefield 2042 November 18 Patch Note
Bug fixes, modifications and improvements
- Updates on the server side that aim to reduce instances of latency, often encountered in the late part of a round in All-Out Warfare modes.
- Significantly reduced instances of stuttering when playing Breakaway. If silos are destroyed, it should no longer reduce server performance.
- Please note that we are continuing to investigate similar events that have been reported to us on other maps.
- When looking at allies on your team, their names now display correctly.
- Adjusted Falck’s animations during the end of round sequence to ensure it displays correctly.
- Updated a skin that can be earned for Boris through mastery progression with a new name: Gator.
- We’ve made sure that MME rounds in Battlefield Portal always start with the Random Deployment set as active. We observed that this was sometimes not active when switching from one turn to the next, but we have now fixed this.
- Applying a set of measures to ensure the correct number of AI spawns in Custom Modes of Battlefield Portal using the Free for All preset.
- PC only – Specialist selection enabled in Hazard Zone via mouse interaction, removing the need to lock your selection with the space bar.
- Fixed a rare incident in Hazard Zone that would sometimes cause an end-of-round unfolding to activate incorrectly, ensuring that the correct amount of bonus XP was awarded.
- Fixed an issue detected in Hazard Zone that could cause players to display on the map when they were not visible or spotted.
- Fixed a fix for Hazard Zone players not seeing their extraction sequences update correctly.
EA announced two more patch notes to follow in the next 30 days. We’ll be sure to keep you up to date with all the latest changes as more updates are announced.